HORU June 8, 2016

"When I was first coming out to my parents, the idea that I wouldn't be living with them, that I could possibly get kicked out, became very real. And so that was kind of the fire under my ass to get working and to get a job. I've been interning and working in New York City ever since. Starting at 17, 18 years old, I knew it'd be hard. and I knew it wouldn't be easy as a writer. And while I didn't get kicked out, the fear and the idea of it drove me to get out there. Right now I'm working for a niche magazine called Passport. We're a gay luxury travel magazine. And I mostly cover domestic travel, but next month I'm going to Madrid. It's my first international detail, so I'm on my way.

"When I was first coming out to my parents, the idea that I wouldn't be living with them, that I could possibly get kicked out, became very real. And so that was kind of the fire under my ass to get working and to get a job. I've been interning and working in New York City ever since. Starting at 17, 18 years old, I knew it'd be hard. and I knew it wouldn't be easy as a writer. And while I didn't get kicked out, the fear and the idea of it drove me to get out there. Right now I'm working for a niche magazine called Passport. We're a gay luxury travel magazine. And I mostly cover domestic travel, but next month I'm going to Madrid. It's my first international detail, so I'm on my way."