HORU July 21, 2016

"During my sophomore year, my friend Rachel convinced me to take a political campaigning class with her. At first, I hesitated because I never really had any experience with campaigns. She insisted, so I gave it a chance. That's when I met Maggie Moran. Over the course of the semester, I found my passion for campaigning and for politics through her work. I got involved in creating my own grassroots campaign on campus and later, got the opportunity to intern at Maggie's company, Kivvit, where I've returned this summer. I also had the opportunity to intern for the Hillary Clinton campaign. I've really learned the importance of getting involved and campaigning ever since. I believe in the value and success of government, but know that it only works when people are aware and engaged. These days, it's sad to see that many people fall into neither of those categories, which means they neither understand why they're upset with government nor vote. I want my impact to change that. Since taking that class my sophomore year, I've been more active in politics, learning and making a difference with others every day. And that happened because I took a chance and met Maggie, who has been a great inspiration to me."