HORU July 7, 2016

"I work at Cisco Systems here in New York. What I do there right now is mediocre intern stuff, some would say, but I feel like it's really much bigger than that. For me, it's all about selling. And it's not only selling a product, it's about selling you as a person too. It's about how you can present yourself. And honestly, I don't have the best GPA. I don't have all that. I'm part of a club or two, similar to a lot of the students at Rutgers. But I can talk. I can make myself known as a valuable member of this company. It's all about confidence. And some people have trouble with that, with self-esteem issues. I've had my fair share of issues with that as well. In my freshman year of college, I was in a very dark place. But whenever I'm down, and I still battle with that depression at times, I think about the good things in my life. I got a job here in New York City, I have a family who I'm very grateful for, I have friends and decent grades that I can be proud of. If you can truly be proud of who you are, and if you can channel that confidence at important moments, then you can accomplish anything. And I really believe that. Always show up feeling like a winner."