Easton Avenue gas station robbed by man with knife

<p>A Rutgers student who works at the Shell Service Center on Easton Avenue was robbed Saturday night. New Brunswick police are still looking for the perpetrator.</p>

A Rutgers student who works at the Shell Service Center on Easton Avenue was robbed Saturday night. New Brunswick police are still looking for the perpetrator.

New Brunswick police are searching for a man armed with a knife who robbed the Shell Service Center gas station on Easton Avenue Saturday night.

Around 8:30 p.m., a customer displayed a knife to the store attendant and demanded money before driving away in a silver vehicle down Prosper Street towards College Avenue, police said in a crime alert issued Saturday night. 

The victim, who is affiliated with the University, was not physically injured.

Police described the robber as a 6’2” black male wearing a dark-colored hooded sweatshirt. 

The New Brunswick Police Department is asking that anyone in the area at the time or with information contact the Detective Bureau at 732-745-5217. 

Avalon Zoppo is the managing editor of The Daily Targum. She is a School of Arts and Sciences junior majoring in political science. Follow her on Twitter @AvalonZoppo for more stories.

Subscribe to our mailing list