HORU October 17, 2016

<p>“HackRU started 5 or 6 years ago. When it started, my older brother and a friend held the event in the basement of the Hill Center, in the dark hallways. And there were more pizza boxes than people at the time. Since then, it’s really blown up. Every university that has a budding tech community has a hackathon. And a hackathon is basically a collaborative programming marathon that takes place over 24 hours straight. It’s been such an experience. When I came to Rutgers, my older brother told me that I should get involved, but I didn’t know anything. I decided to go to my first hackathon and to get involved in the Undergraduate Student Alliance of Computer Scientists and HackRU, and since then it’s really become part of my identity. I know I sound like I’m romanticizing it, and I am. I’m sorry, I forgot the question.”</p>

“HackRU started 5 or 6 years ago. When it started, my older brother and a friend held the event in the basement of the Hill Center, in the dark hallways. And there were more pizza boxes than people at the time. Since then, it’s really blown up. Every university that has a budding tech community has a hackathon. And a hackathon is basically a collaborative programming marathon that takes place over 24 hours straight. It’s been such an experience. When I came to Rutgers, my older brother told me that I should get involved, but I didn’t know anything. I decided to go to my first hackathon and to get involved in the Undergraduate Student Alliance of Computer Scientists and HackRU, and since then it’s really become part of my identity. I know I sound like I’m romanticizing it, and I am. I’m sorry, I forgot the question.”