HORU October 25, 2016

<p>“My younger sister had just turned nine when she was hospitalized for a severe diagnosis. There were times when she was in severe pain so my mom would have to stay with her all night. My dad would go to work and when he came back home, he would pick me up and we would go visit my sister every day. She always said, ‘I’ll get through this, I’ll get through this,’ and she did. She’s almost 3 years younger than me, but most of the time I feel like she’s my older sister. She’s the one that gives my family hope and always sees the bright side of things. Now she’s applying for college and she’s actually applying to become a nurse. Because of everything that happened to her, nurses really had an impact, so she wants to go to the Rutgers School of Nursing.”</p>

“My younger sister had just turned nine when she was hospitalized for a severe diagnosis. There were times when she was in severe pain so my mom would have to stay with her all night. My dad would go to work and when he came back home, he would pick me up and we would go visit my sister every day. She always said, ‘I’ll get through this, I’ll get through this,’ and she did. She’s almost 3 years younger than me, but most of the time I feel like she’s my older sister. She’s the one that gives my family hope and always sees the bright side of things. Now she’s applying for college and she’s actually applying to become a nurse. Because of everything that happened to her, nurses really had an impact, so she wants to go to the Rutgers School of Nursing.”