HORU October 3, 2016

<p>“I was in India last year visiting family and we were just traveling as tourists in Delhi and there was this kid who approached us because we were carrying a box that he knew had food in it. And these people are almost treated like animals, it’s so terrible to see, and it’s obviously something I’m not used to. Seeing people starving and living in tents along the highways while we stayed in these beautiful hotels, it really affected me. I’m a freshman now, studying to eventually become a doctor, but seeing children like that, and reading about the little boy in Aleppo, Syria, it really made me want to travel internationally with organizations one day. I want to volunteer and help people who can’t afford to help themselves, and then hopefully make that my career.”</p>

“I was in India last year visiting family and we were just traveling as tourists in Delhi and there was this kid who approached us because we were carrying a box that he knew had food in it. And these people are almost treated like animals, it’s so terrible to see, and it’s obviously something I’m not used to. Seeing people starving and living in tents along the highways while we stayed in these beautiful hotels, it really affected me. I’m a freshman now, studying to eventually become a doctor, but seeing children like that, and reading about the little boy in Aleppo, Syria, it really made me want to travel internationally with organizations one day. I want to volunteer and help people who can’t afford to help themselves, and then hopefully make that my career.”