HORU November 16, 2016

<p>“I just got out of a meeting with my academic advisor. She was telling me that out of the freshman who come in with my major of pre-veterinary science, only 20% graduate with, or continue that major. And it’s not easy, but just because others can’t do it doesn’t mean I can’t do it. It wasn't easy to get to the point where I am now. Living where I was, or at least with my family’s financial situation, there has always been ups and downs. But our drive to get better led us to where we are now, and it allows me to be in a place like this university to further finish my own goals. And now that my family situation is okay, I need to focus on myself. I’ve had an interest in this field for so long, since middle school. And now I’m halfway through college and I feel like it’s something I need to finish. Not to impress others, but to really prove to myself that I can do this.”</p>

“I just got out of a meeting with my academic advisor. She was telling me that out of the freshman who come in with my major of pre-veterinary science, only 20% graduate with, or continue that major. And it’s not easy, but just because others can’t do it doesn’t mean I can’t do it. It wasn't easy to get to the point where I am now. Living where I was, or at least with my family’s financial situation, there has always been ups and downs. But our drive to get better led us to where we are now, and it allows me to be in a place like this university to further finish my own goals. And now that my family situation is okay, I need to focus on myself. I’ve had an interest in this field for so long, since middle school. And now I’m halfway through college and I feel like it’s something I need to finish. Not to impress others, but to really prove to myself that I can do this.”