Try our new website

HORU February 7, 2017

<p>“Her name is Avery. She’s an eight month old Rhodesian Ridgeback. I knew exactly what type of dog Avery was when I saw her at the Fall Involvement Fair, and I had never seen them in person, so I ran right over. I didn't know this type of dog was used for service. She was originally being trained for mobility, but now she’s gonna do cancer detection as well. Apparently because they're hounds, Rhodesian Ridgebacks are that much better at sensing cancer, seizures, PTSD, diabetes detection and other medical alerts like that. She’s still a puppy, and it’s gonna hurt when she leaves... but I know she’s gonna be a super great service dog. She’s really gonna help somebody and improve their life by like 100 times.”</p>

“Her name is Avery. She’s an eight month old Rhodesian Ridgeback. I knew exactly what type of dog Avery was when I saw her at the Fall Involvement Fair, and I had never seen them in person, so I ran right over. I didn't know this type of dog was used for service. She was originally being trained for mobility, but now she’s gonna do cancer detection as well. Apparently because they're hounds, Rhodesian Ridgebacks are that much better at sensing cancer, seizures, PTSD, diabetes detection and other medical alerts like that. She’s still a puppy, and it’s gonna hurt when she leaves... but I know she’s gonna be a super great service dog. She’s really gonna help somebody and improve their life by like 100 times.”