HORU March 3, 2017

<p>“I went to a performance arts high school in North Bergen. It was the little school that could. It was in an old factory and it wasn’t the prettiest thing, but I was always surrounded by musicians and the music community, and it’s followed me into college too. I go to lot of shows here in New Brunswick and you really do feel like you belong in these communities. They’re just so welcoming and unique and necessary to facilitate creativity. And its not like the university made it. The schools don’t make it, the people make it. And I feel very rooted in that supportive, DIY type of community.”</p>

“I went to a performance arts high school in North Bergen. It was the little school that could. It was in an old factory and it wasn’t the prettiest thing, but I was always surrounded by musicians and the music community, and it’s followed me into college too. I go to lot of shows here in New Brunswick and you really do feel like you belong in these communities. They’re just so welcoming and unique and necessary to facilitate creativity. And its not like the university made it. The schools don’t make it, the people make it. And I feel very rooted in that supportive, DIY type of community.”