HORU April 26, 2017

<p>“I don’t really have a specific place I call home. For me, home may be Singapore, which is where I grew up. But I was born in India and stayed there until I was four. After that, I was in Singapore until age 16. And I loved it. I was really interested in all sorts of things. I used to dance, I used to go for guitar lessons, and play badminton with my friends every day. But I wasn’t doing so well academically. I was really stressed out. I used to go to school at 7 in the morning, end at 2:30pm, and then take extra lessons and get tutored until 9pm. By the time I reached home, I would be so drained. But I would wake up again at 1am to study. My parents decided it would be best for me to move back to India. And that changed a lot of things for me. I stopped dancing, I stopped playing guitar, and badminton. I didn’t have any friends to connect with. I became a totally different person. I miss the person I used to be but now I’m here and I’m still trying to find my way.”</p>

“I don’t really have a specific place I call home. For me, home may be Singapore, which is where I grew up. But I was born in India and stayed there until I was four. After that, I was in Singapore until age 16. And I loved it. I was really interested in all sorts of things. I used to dance, I used to go for guitar lessons, and play badminton with my friends every day. But I wasn’t doing so well academically. I was really stressed out. I used to go to school at 7 in the morning, end at 2:30pm, and then take extra lessons and get tutored until 9pm. By the time I reached home, I would be so drained. But I would wake up again at 1am to study. My parents decided it would be best for me to move back to India. And that changed a lot of things for me. I stopped dancing, I stopped playing guitar, and badminton. I didn’t have any friends to connect with. I became a totally different person. I miss the person I used to be but now I’m here and I’m still trying to find my way.”