Binge-worthy TV, in 30 minutes or less

With such busy lives balancing classes, clubs or organizations, possible internships and attempting to have some semblance of a social life, college students rarely have time to delve into full-length movies, or those oh-so-tempting hour long crime documentaries. 

When we do find time, 30-minute episodes make binge-watching an entire season in one Friday afternoon a possible feat. All running under half an hour, these short but never simple series fit perfectly into your next study break.

1.  "Brooklyn Nine-Nine"

Starring former Saturday Night Live star Andy Samberg, "Brooklyn Nine-Nine" chronicles the often-hilarious adventures of a group of talented, though possibly immature, detectives patrolling Brooklyn’s fictional 99th precinct. If you ever wanted to see suspects in a criminal lineup perform the Backstreet Boys “I Want It That Way,” this show is for you. You can stream the first four seasons on Hulu, and then catch up to the fifth season which is currently airing on FOX. 

2. "Insecure"

You may already be familiar with creator Issa Rae from her award-winning web series, "The Misadventures of Awkward Black Girl", and now she's back with a new and fresh concept. Shot in Los Angeles, "Insecure" is a half-hour series that follows two best friends as they cope with the LA dating scene, their own flaws and the general struggles of young adulthood. Stream "Insecure" on HBO Now or HBO Go.

3. "Friends"

What kind of list would this be if we didn’t include the ultimate binge-worthy experience? If you ever feel the need to revisit this classic, you can always stop by and catch up with the gang at Central Perk and join the debate about whether Ross and Rachel were truly on a break. "Friends" is always there for you. Binge all 10 seasons on Netflix. 

4. "The Good Place"

From the mind of "Parks and Recreation" co-creator Michael Schur, "The Good Place" — starring Kristen Bell and Ted Danson — was a gift from heaven from the start. Bell plays the recently deceased Eleanor, who quickly learns she has been mistakenly sent to the Good Place, and must hide in plain sight, along with the help of her friends, as she struggles to keep her cover. You can stream this on Hulu or Netflix to catch up in time for season three airing on NBC soon.

5. "The End of the F****** World" 

For those of us who can appreciate the light-hearted comedy of "The Good Place" may also appreciate the slightly darker themes and dry British humor in "The End of the F****** World". This show is not just a simple teen drama or love story. It follows 17-year-old James as he tries to chase his destiny of comitting murder. This show is dark and creepy, but there is actually a sense of humor and compassion shared between our two main characters that makes this utterly messed up world just so addictive.  

6. "Master of None" 

It’s difficult to exactly sum up what Aziz Ansari’s show entails since each episode tackles varying themes of love, race, religion and culture all featuring dreamy New York City shots. "Master of None" follows Ansari’s character Dev as he attempts to navigate and find love in New York — or even Italy for a brief of stint — although the show’s format allows for so much more than just a romantic comedy. One episode is devoted entirely to Dev thanking his immigrant parents for sacrificing everything to bring their family to America. Even better, binge watch all of season one and two on Netflix now.

7. "The Eric Andre Show" 

For the ultimate binge session, you can fit in three of these mini-shows in 30 minutes. "The Eric Andre Show" is a parody of a low-budget, public-access talk show, featuring hosts Eric Andre, and comedian Hannibal Buress in short sketches, often aggressive monologues or interviewing celebrities with a surprise twist for any guests. Talk about jamming a binge-watching session in — this show will give you all you need in just 10 minutes.