*Sponsored* Mason Gross offers flexible tutoring programs for Rutgers students

<p>Harmony Huang, sophomore Visual Arts major of Bridgewater, New Jersey at Rutgers University - Mason Gross School of the Arts. &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Matt Rainey/Matt Rainey Photography, LLC</p>

Harmony Huang, sophomore Visual Arts major of Bridgewater, New Jersey at Rutgers University - Mason Gross School of the Arts.    Matt Rainey/Matt Rainey Photography, LLC

The Mason Gross School of the Arts Extension Division offers music, art and film lessons for Rutgers students with sessions designed to fit into a college student’s life. 

Rutgers students can take private lessons in voice and musical instruments, including piano and guitar, without leaving campus. The division also offers non-credited classes in art, chamber music and film editing. The sessions follow the Rutgers academic calendar and are led by professional teaching artists. 

Classes are open to all skill levels, serving beginners and enthusiastic amateurs as well as those with professional training. 

“If you always wanted to play the guitar or want to maintain your skills on the violin or just want a break from your academic courses, these classes are right for you,” said Extension Division Director Christopher Kenniff.

The independent-study classes in visual arts and chamber music are small, providing personalized attention. The film-editing course in Avid Media Composer prepares students for certification, which the Creative Media Software Training class allows students to become conversant with software used throughout the film and television industry.  

For more information, call the Extension Division at 848-932-8618 or visit http://www.masongross.rutgers.edu/extension-division/adult-programs.

The Mason Gross Extension Division is the community arts division of the Mason Gross School of the Arts at Rutgers University on Douglass campus. The division, 85 George St., offers classes, lessons and workshops for all ages.