Rutgers announces new Vice Chancellor Diversity, Inclusion and Community Engagement

Dr. Enobong Branch previously served as associate director for Equity and Inclusion, chief diversity officer and professor in the Department of Sociology at the University of Massachusetts Amherst.  – Photo by Rutgers.edu

Dr. Enobong Branch will become the Rutgers—New Brunswick vice chancellor for Diversity, Inclusion and Community Engagement and professor in the Department of Sociology in August 2019, said Chancellor Christopher J. Molloy in a University-wide email. 

“Dr. Branch will have responsibility for enhancing diversity and inclusion in recruitment, retention, curriculum, research and community engagement across Rutgers University—New Brunswick,” according to the email. 

She will also work to expand and strengthen Rutgers’ partnerships with the external community to support the University’s institutional goals of inclusion and equity in those relationships, the email stated. Branch will report directly to Molloy. 

Before joining Rutgers, Branch served as associate director for Equity and Inclusion, chief diversity officer and professor in the Department of Sociology at the University of Massachusetts Amherst, according to the email. 

“Her significant accomplishes in this role include leading the integration of diversity throughout the campus strategic plan, executing the university’s campus climate survey and creating diversity infrastructure through climate advisors in executive areas and diversity offices in schools and colleges,” the email stated. 

Branch’s hiring is due to the findings of the members of the vice chancellor for Diversity, Inclusion and Community Engagement Search Committee, the email stated.