Athletic Director Hobbs wants to maintain world-class experience for fans, he says

<p>Athletics Director Pat Hobbs said he will make sure the fans' experience remains world class.&nbsp;</p>

Athletics Director Pat Hobbs said he will make sure the fans' experience remains world class. 

With the launch of the RWJBarnabas Health Athletic Performance, the University will be making sure approximately 700 student athletes have access to state-of-the-art facilities. Yet, Rutgers Athletics will also be making sure that the fans’ gameday experience remains stat-of-the-art as well, said Athletic Director Pat Hobbs in an interview with The Daily Targum. 

The implementation of beer and wine at men’s football and basketball games, along with a new stadium concessions partner, maintains a good experience for Rutgers fans. 

“First, we were told and all the evidence suggests that it is a safer environment, but we also wanted to make sure we provide a better gameday experience,” Hobbs said. “So we’ll keep making sure we pay attention to every detail of what we do, to make sure the Rutgers experience is a good one.”

The Targum reported this week that first-year beer and wine sales would bring in approximately $500,000 this year, which will be used to help pay the scholarships of the programs of approximately 700 student athletes. 

“We’re showing the world that we intend to compete with world class facilities and world class programs,” Hobbs said. “Two words that will define us going forward are 'world class.'”