Rutgers police report arrest of suspects for on-campus robbery

<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Rutgers University Police Department charged two suspects of robbery and conspiracy after an incident that occurred in the Livingston Apartments last weekend.</p>

Rutgers University Police Department charged two suspects of robbery and conspiracy after an incident that occurred in the Livingston Apartments last weekend.

On Saturday, Sept. 14, chief of the Rutgers University Police Department (RUPD) Kenneth Cop informed in an email sent to the Rutgers community that two suspects have been arrested after an investigation of a robbery that occurred the previous night. 

The robbery was reported to have occurred at 3:50 p.m. in the Livingston A Apartments on Livingston campus. That day, detective lieutenant of the RUPD Brian Emmett sent in a separate email that the victims, who are affiliated with the University, told police that in a prearranged meeting with the perpetrators, one of them made a "threatening gesture and statement toward the victims while demanding items of value," which the victims turned over. 

The victims were not physically injured during the incident and perpetrators fled the area, according to the email.

The perpetrators were described in the email as a 16-year-old light-skinned male wearing a green and black windbreaker and gray sweatpants with white sneakers, and an 18-year-old Black male wearing a gray hooded sweatshirt and pink shorts with white sneakers. 

Rydell Johnsons, an 18-year-old resident of Belle Mead, New Jersey, has been charged with robbery, conspiracy and employing the use of a juvenile to commit a crime. 

A 16-year-old juvenile has been charged with robbery and conspiracy.