Rutgers issues 4th crime alert in 1 month for incident off-campus

<p>Rutgers sent out its fourth crime alert this month yesterday, which stated that there was a robbery &nbsp;off-campus early Wednesday morning.&nbsp;</p>

Rutgers sent out its fourth crime alert this month yesterday, which stated that there was a robbery  off-campus early Wednesday morning. 

The New Brunswick Police Department (NBPD) is investigating a robbery that reportedly took place on Wednesday, Oct. 2 at approximately 1:50 a.m. near the intersection of Stone Street and Prosper Street, according to a University-wide crime alert. 

The incident occurred off-campus, the email stated. 

“In this incident the victim, who is affiliated with Rutgers University, reported that he was approached by two male perpetrators that requested change for a $100 bill. Upon pulling out his wallet, the victim was assaulted by the perpetrators as they removed items of value from him. No weapons were used in this incident and the perpetrators fled the area in an unknown direction. The victim refused further medical attention on scene,” according to the email. 

The description of the perpetrators was limited at the time of the email, it stated. 

The NBPD asked anyone with any details to reach out to its office. 

This was the fourth crime alert since Sept. 1. Earlier this semester, The Daily Targum reported that the 2019 Annual Crime Report showed a decrease in burglaries, rape incidents and drug arrests from the previous year’s report.