Barchi commemorates Veterans Day in University email

<p>&nbsp;University President Robert L. Barchi said Rutgers is continuously increasing veteran services.</p>

University President Robert L. Barchi said Rutgers is continuously increasing veteran services.

University President Robert L. Barchi commemorated Veterans Day in a University-wide email yesterday.

“Today across the United States we commemorate Veterans Day, an annual tribute to the men and women who have served our nation in the armed forces. It is a time to honor the dedicated service that so many brave people have rendered in defense of our freedom, including all those who lost their lives in carrying out their noble duty,” Barchi said, according to the email. 

In the email, Barchi highlighted the University’s programs available through its Office of Veteran and Military Programs and Services (OVMPS), which aids the men and women who have served in the United States military.

“We are continuously trying to increase services. For example, OVMPS has established a recreation series with supportive programming for student-veterans who have service-related disabilities. I want to reaffirm our strong commitment to excellence in assisting our student-veterans,” Barchi said. 

The email then went on to highlight the updates to University websites available to veterans. 

“We take special pride in those Rutgers people who have served their country in this way over the centuries. On behalf of our entire University community, I want to thank everyone associated with Rutgers who has served in uniform, some of them still on active duty. We honor and applaud your service,” Barchi said.