Crime alert reports robbery on Plum Street

<p>A Rutgers student was approached by an unknown male who demanded their personal belongings.</p>

A Rutgers student was approached by an unknown male who demanded their personal belongings.

The New Brunswick Police Department (NBPD) is currently investigating an off-campus robbery on Plum Street near Hamilton Street. The incident occurred on Sunday, Nov. 17 at approximately noon, according to a University-wide crime alert.

The victim of this incident, who is affiliated with the University, reported that they were walking on Plum Street when they were approached by an unknown male on foot. The perpetrator allegedly made a verbal demand for the victim’s personal property and displayed a knife, according to the alert.

The perpetrator fled into an unknown direction and the victim was not physically harmed during the incident, according to the alert. The description of the perpetrator is currently limited.

The NBPD asks anyone with information, or who may have been in the area at the time, to contact the NBPD Detective Bureau, according to the alert. 

The Rutgers University Police Department (RUPD) reminds you to reduce your chances of being a crime victim by taking various precautions, such as immediately reporting suspicious activity, remaining aware of your surroundings and walking in groups when traveling at night, according to the alert.