Disney+ release includes hundreds of diverse titles

The Walt Disney Company recently launched its first streaming platform, Disney+, releasing the oldest, newest and most shocking programs from its archives.

Disney’s vast catalog of motion pictures and television shows is legendary. Monopolizing companies such as ABC, Marvel, Pixar, ESPN, Touchstone Pictures and more, Disney has made more than 600 of its films, sitcoms and cartoons accessible to subscribers.

Blockbuster hits such as the “Star Wars” franchise, “The Avengers,” “Pirates of the Caribbean” and, one of the highest grossing films of all time, James Cameron’s “Avatar,” are all inclusive with Disney+.

With the release of Disney+ came the availability of shocking classics that almost everyone knows, dating all the way back to the 1920s.

Here are the top three most appealing aspects to Disney+:

90-Year-Old Classics

Similar to Netflix and Hulu, Disney+ mimics a slideshow setup categorizing programs into groups based on genre. Disney’s always-imaginative company also includes categories entitled “Disney Channel Favorites,” “Throwbacks,” “Out of the Vault” and “Nostalgic Movies.” One category in particular, entitled “Disney Through the Decades,” lays out every reputable film ever made by Disney from the 1920s to now.

Older films such as “Steamboat Willie (1928),” “The Pied Piper (1933),” “Fantasia (1940)” and countless other Disney animations are now accessible to the public, including films that Walt Disney himself is responsible for producing.

Ranging from princess classics such as “Cinderella (1950)” to holiday favorites like “Home Alone (1990),” Disney+ presents its audience with a wide variety of available feature films.

Multiple Franchises

“Star Wars,” “Marvel” and “The Simpsons” are names that everyone knows and Disney+ has them all.

Shockingly, Disney+ isn’t all Mickey Mouse, princesses, animations and Disney Channel productions. Studio films also made it onto the platform. 

“Star Wars,” one of the most distinguished franchises in cinematic history, finally made its way to online streaming with every film in its series available.

Regarding the recent release of the final film in the Avengers series, Disney+ is the first platform to stream “Avengers: Endgame.” In addition, the three other Avengers films are also accessible to the public on Disney+ along with the "Iron Man" and "Thor" trilogies as well as the "Ant-Man" double feature.

"The Simpsons" is the longest-running television show ever made, according to USA Today. Totaling 654 episodes, Disney+ has made its first 30 seasons available. 

Massive Catalog

From millennial favorites, to the Pixar animations we all know and love, to iconic narratives, Disney+ has a little bit of everything, even National Geographic.

Films like “The Princess Diaries,” “Remember the Titans,” “The Sandlot” and “10 Things I Hate About You” remind us not only of how shockingly large and successful Disney’s catalog is, but how powerful The Walt Disney Company’s hold over the industry is becoming.