Points Per Read-Week 12

I would have never guessed that the waiver wire would be such a crucial aspect of the season heading into week 12. But due to a multitude of injuries and bye weeks, that is certainly the case. 

Week 11 could have completely wrecked your season (if you’re a Marlon Mack owner), or it could have been the saving grace that you were searching for, if you are hungry for free-agent pickups. Whatever the case may be, if you want to have a shot at the championship, the right decision this week could go a long way. 

We have a lot of talented players to cover this week, so let’s dive right into it. 

Waiver Wire — Receivers

On a bye: Tyreek Hill, Sammy Watkins, Keenan Allen, Mike Williams, Adam Thielen, Stefon Diggs, Christian Kirk, Larry Fitzgerald

Key Injuries: Tyreek Hill (hamstring), Tyler Lockett (leg), JuJu Smith-Schuster (concussion), Emmanuel Sanders (ribs), Adam Thielen (hamstring), T.Y. Hilton (calf), Mohamed Sanu (ankle), Alshon Jeffery (ankle), A.J. Green (ankle), Brandin Cooks (concussion), Will Fuller (hamstring), Deebo Samuel (shoulder)

Nelson Agholor:

With Jeffrey injured, Agholor could find himself as the No. 1 receiver for the Eagles on Sunday. Agholor has been targeted 17 times throughout the past two games, although he hasn’t done all that much with those targets. But, the Eagles have played some stout defenses recently between the Bears and Patriots, and with the Dolphins, Giants and Redskins ahead, Agholor could be a solid flex option going forward. 

James Washington:

Here is another receiver that could benefit from injuries. Smith-Schuster and Diontae Johnson are both hurt, leaving Washington as the last man standing. The Steelers will take on the Bengals, which conveniently have given up four touchdowns to receivers in the last four games. Washington could see a large number of targets this weekend if Smith-Schuster and Johnson aren’t good to go. Washington could be a borderline starter. 

N’Keal Harry:

It looks like there is a theme here, Sanu and Phillip Dorsett are both injured for the Patriots and are questionable to play. Harry is an incredibly talented player who’s just waiting for his time to shine, and even if Sanu plays, I am expecting an uptick in targets for Harry going forward. If you have an extra roster spot, Harry is a solid guy to stash as he could produce in a big way, if either Sanu or Edelman gets seriously injured down the stretch. 

Other Players Worth Considering: Randall Cobb, Josh Gordon, Taylor Gabriel, Mecole Hardman, Chris Conley

Waiver Wire— Running Backs

On a bye: Kenyan Drake, David Johnson, Melvin Gordon, Austin Ekeler, Dalvin Cook, Alexander Mattison, Damien Williams, LeSean McCoy, Darrel Williams

Key Injuries: James Conner (shoulder), Marlon Mack (hand), Saquon Barkley (shoulder), Devonta Freeman (foot), Damien Williams (ribs), Jordan Howard (shoulder), LeSean McCoy (concussion), Matt Breida (ankle), Chase Edmonds (hamstring), Benny Snell Jr. (knee), Jordan Wilkins (ankle)

Bo Scarbrough:

Scarbrough looks to be the top dog in the Lions backfield following his Week 11 performance. He rushed for 55 yards and a touchdown on 14 carries, which is by far the best outing we’ve seen out of a Lions runningback since Kerryon Johnson got hurt. Scarbrough is one of the top waiver-wire options this week, if not the top option. The Lions will take a Redskins defense that has allowed opposing running backs to score in 4 of the last 5 games. 

Jonathan Williams:

Mack broke his hand over the weekend, and Williams performed really well in his absence. Williams was able to run for 116 yards on 13 carries while also notching one reception for 31 yards in the process. While the Colts will probably go with some sort of committee going forward, Williams definitely earned himself the bulk of the carries. Wilkins is another name to keep an eye on, as he could also see a fair share of volume if he is able to suit up on Thursday night. 

Darrel Williams:

The Chiefs are one of the teams on a bye this week, but if either Damien Williams or McCoy isn’t healthy at some point down the stretch, Williams could be a league winner. Williams is one of those guys that just seems to find the endzone whenever he is given the opportunity, and it’s possible he is given that opportunity more frequently down the stretch with Damien Williams banged up. 

Other Players Worth Considering: Jordan Wilkins, Nyheim Hines, Benny Snell Jr., Jay Ajayi

Start

Odell Beckham Jr.

Julio Jones

Tevin Coleman

Derrick Henry

Baker Mayfield

Sit

Michael Gallup

John Brown

Brian Hill

Royce Freeman

Jared Goff