Officials find coyote den day after student is bitten

<p>The New Jersey Division of Fish and Wildlife has discovered a coyote dwelling on campus, which is a threat to student safety.</p>

The New Jersey Division of Fish and Wildlife has discovered a coyote dwelling on campus, which is a threat to student safety.

Officials from the New Jersey Division of Fish and Wildlife have located a coyote’s den just a day after a student associated with the University was attacked, according to an article on News 12 New Jersey.

The incident occurred on Thursday, Nov. 14 at 4 a.m., when the student was bitten by a coyote while walking on Avenue E near Hospital Road on Livingston campus, The Daily Targum previously reported.

The victim was treated for injuries at a local hospital and was released, according to the Targum. The Rutgers University Police Department (RUPD) has since increased patrols in the area. 

The Rutgers University Ecological Preserve will remain closed to all individuals while officials set traps, according to the article.

RUPD reminds everyone to avoid contact with stray or wild animals, and to seek medical treatment immediately if bitten or scratched by a stray animal, the Targum reported.