Rutgers reports robbery, aggravated assault on Livingston campus

<p>The Rutgers University Police Department (RUPD) is investigating a robbery and aggravated assault that occurred early yesterday morning, according to a crime alert sent by Manuel Simoes, patrol lieutenant of the RUPD.&nbsp;</p>

The Rutgers University Police Department (RUPD) is investigating a robbery and aggravated assault that occurred early yesterday morning, according to a crime alert sent by Manuel Simoes, patrol lieutenant of the RUPD. 

The incident took place inside a residence at the Livingston A Apartments on Livingston campus on Sunday, Nov. 3 at approximately 1:09 a.m., according to the alert.

The victim, who is affiliated with Rutgers, reported that he was approached by two unknown males at a gathering inside the residence. During a conversation with the two, they both grabbed a personal item from the victim and physically assaulted him, according to the alert.

No weapons were used during the incident and the perpetrators fled the Livingston Apartments in an unknown direction. The victim sustained injuries and was transported to a local hospital, where he was treated and released, according to the alert.

The perpetrators were described to be males between the ages of 19 and 21. One of the males was wearing a white hoodie, an orange and black Nike backpack and had a mustache and goatee. The second male was wearing an American Eagle hoodie, possibly black in color, according to the alert.

This is the third crime alert incident to occur on Livingston campus this year.

The RUPD also reminded students to reduce their chances of being a crime victim by taking certain precautions, such as immediately reporting suspicious activity, remaining alert of your surroundings and walking in groups when traveling during late hours, according to the alert.