Rutgers to hold active shooter exercise in New Brunswick on Saturday

<p>Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital will prepare for emergency drill involving New Brunswick Police Department and Middlesex County Special Operations Response Team.</p>

Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital will prepare for emergency drill involving New Brunswick Police Department and Middlesex County Special Operations Response Team.

Rutgers University—New Brunswick and the Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital (RWJUH) in New Brunswick will be holding an active shooter exercise on Saturday, Nov. 9, according to a press release. 

The exercise will also involve PSE&G Children’s Specialized Hospital, RWJUH Mobile Health Services, the New Brunswick Police Department and Middlesex County’s Special Operations Response Team (SORT), according to the release. 

The Middlesex County SORT may be in its full equipment, according to the release. Normal hospital operations will continue during the exercise. 

Signs will also inform employees and visitors that the exercise is occurring, according to the release.