Points Per Read-Playoff Edition

The Fantasy playoffs are finally upon us, and hopefully, you were fortunate enough to make them. Truthfully, there isn’t much to talk about at this point in the season. The playoffs are certainly not the time to be tinkering with your lineup. 

Therefore, I will not be covering the wide receiver position this week, as I just don’t see any viable options that I would actually consider starting. 

This is different from the running back position, where there are actually a couple of guys on the waiver wire that could make a big difference throughout the next couple of weeks. 

Overall, the best advice I could give you is to just stick with the formula that has gotten you this far. We all know that winning in Fantasy Football requires a decent amount of luck, but you are obviously doing something right if you find yourself in the playoffs. 

This is going to be a pretty short installment of Points Per Read because I want the message to be clear — don’t make any radical decisions — because those are the ones that you will regret. Unless you just have a loaded roster with a multitude of options, stick with what has gotten you this far. 

Waiver Wire — Running Backs

Key Injuries: Dalvin Cook (shoulder/chest), James Conner (shoulder), Marlon Mack (hand), Damien Williams (ribs), Jordan Howard (shoulder), Matt Breida (ankle), Kalen Ballage (leg), Darrel Williams (hamstring)

Alexander Mattison:

Cook was sidelined with a shoulder injury for much of the second half on Monday night. The severity of the injury is unknown, but with the Fantasy playoffs starting up this is the last thing Cook owners were looking for. If Cook is indeed seriously injured, Mattison could be a league winner for those lucky owners with enough FAAB to snag him. It is also possible that Cook is fine and Mattison will continue to back him up. But at this point in the season, the sheer possibility of Mattison becoming the lead back makes him the top waiver-wire pickup.

Benny Snell Jr.:

It is possible that James Conner returns for the Steelers Week 14 matchup against the Cardinals. But if Conner isn’t good to go, Snell would be at least a flex play. The Cardinals have surrendered the 10th most Fantasy points to running backs this season, so whoever finds themselves in the backfield most frequently for Pittsburg will ultimately be in line for a big day. Whether it’s Conner or Snell, I’m expecting the Steelers to run all over Arizona. 

Darwin Thompson:

Thompson was mentioned as a potential breakout candidate prior to the start of the season, and it is safe to say he has been quite underwhelming thus far. Despite this, Thompson was able to manage 44 yards and a touchdown on 11 carries last weekend against Oakland. If Damien Williams and Darrel Williams are out in Week 14, Thompson could be in line for a big day. The Chiefs will take on New England, which has an incredible defense. Thompson will also most likely be splitting carries with LeSean McCoy, but he could still be a viable flex option if the two Williams’s can’t play. 

Other Players Worth Considering: Raheem Mostert, Patrick Laird, Peyton Barber

Start

Courtland Sutton

Kareem Hunt

DJ Moore

Benny Snell Jr./James Conner

Kirk Cousins

Sit

Marquise Brown

Carlos Hyde

Tevin Coleman

Bo Scarbrough

Matt Ryan