Office of Emergency Management to conduct test of Rutgers Emergency Notification System

<p>The University is testing new features of its emergency alert services that allow text, email and social media notifications to be sent at the same time.</p>

The University is testing new features of its emergency alert services that allow text, email and social media notifications to be sent at the same time.

The Rutgers University‚Äôs Office of Emergency Management (OEM) will conduct a test of the improved features of the Rutgers Emergency Notification System (ENS) on Dec. 5 at 10 a.m., according to a University-wide alert. 

The new system offers the ability to release text messages, email and social media communications simultaneously, according to the alert.

Members of the University community will receive the email notifications from RUAlert@ens.rutgers.edu to their official Rutgers email address, according to the alert. Those who are already subscribed will also receive a text notification during the test.

Students who would like to subscribe to text alerts during emergencies can visit the ENS website, according to the OEM.