Chancellor of Rutgers-Camden becomes chair of Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia

<p>Rutgers University—Camden Chancellor Phoebe A. Haddon will lead the nine-member board that oversees the overall performance of the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.</p>

Rutgers University—Camden Chancellor Phoebe A. Haddon will lead the nine-member board that oversees the overall performance of the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.

Chancellor of Rutgers University—Camden Phoebe A. Haddon has recently been named chair of the Board of Directors of the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, according to an article on Rutgers University—Camden News Now.

In this position, Haddon will serve a two-year term where she will lead the nine-member board, according to the article.

This board overlooks the overall performance of the Bank, as well as participating in creating the Bank’s monetary policy through its reports on both economic and financial conditions, according to the article.

As chancellor of Rutgers University—Camden, Haddon has helped increase affordable access through Camden’s Bridging the Gap program, according to the article. The program helps provide partial or full tuition coverage for working New Jersey families.

She has also helped expand the University’s civic engagement program, according to the article.

Haddon has also received the 2019 Ruth Bader Ginsburg Lifetime Achievement Award and the 2019 Smith College Medal, according to the article.

She is a member of both the American Bar Association’s (ABA) Commission on the Future of Legal Services and the ABA’s Kutak Award Committee, according to the article. 

Haddon is also on the Boards of Trustees for the Cooper University Health System, the Philadelphia Museum of Art, the Camden Health and Athletic Association and Higher Education Resource Services (HERS), according to the article.