Former Rutgers, NFL player is arrested

<p>Kenny Britt played football at Rutgers from 2006-2008 and went on to play in the NFL.&nbsp;</p>

Kenny Britt played football at Rutgers from 2006-2008 and went on to play in the NFL. 

Kenny Britt, a former Rutgers football player who went on to play in the NFL, was arrested on Saturday in Bayonne, New Jersey, for possession of marijuana less than 50 grams, according to an article from NJ Advance Media.

Bayonne Police Captain Eric Amato said Britt was pulled over at the intersection of 33rd Street and Kennedy Boulevard, according to the article. Officers who approached the vehicle said they smelled an odor of marijuana and searched the vehicle.

Britt was issued a summons for the drug charge, along with possession of a controlled dangerous substance in a motor vehicle and obstructing passage of other motor vehicles, Amato said, according to the article. His court date is pending. 

Britt played football at Rutgers from 2006-2008 and is the University’s all-time leading receiver.

Between 2009-2017, Britt played professionally with the Cleveland Browns, the New England Patriots, the Los Angeles Rams and the Tennessee Titans, according to Hudson County View.