Former Rutgers professor takes plea deal after filming women in bathroom

<p>James Goydos, a former researcher and professor at the Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey, will be barred from working at any Rutgers or RWJBarnabas Health institution.&nbsp;</p>

James Goydos, a former researcher and professor at the Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey, will be barred from working at any Rutgers or RWJBarnabas Health institution. 

James Goydos, a former researcher and professor at the Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey, pleaded guilty after being accused of filming women in a hospital office bathroom among other crimes, according to an article from NJ Advance Media

Goydos recorded at least 26 women and three other people using the bathroom, none of whom were patients, according to the article. He also broke into his coworker’s office to commit identity theft. 

Goydos was originally charged with 160 crimes, including approximately 100 counts of invasion of privacy, according to the article. As part of a plea deal, he pled guilty to only six crimes, including burglary, impersonation, official misconduct, possession of an assault weapon and two counts of computer theft.

As part of the deal, Goydos could receive a sentence of up to 364 days in county jail and up to four years of probation, according to the article. He also cannot hold any public position or seek employment at any Rutgers or RWJBarnabas Health institutions. 

Goydos still faces two civil cases filed by women who were filmed by him. One of them was approved to proceed in December 2019 and the other will be reviewed after his sentencing, according to the article. Goydos’s sentencing was set for Tuesday, but was postponed.