RUPD investigate report of criminal sexual contact

The perpetrator drove a 2014 black, four-door Honda Accord with New Jersey license plates, according to the Rutgers University Police Department.
Photo by The Daily TargumThe perpetrator drove a 2014 black, four-door Honda Accord with New Jersey license plates, according to the Rutgers University Police Department.

The Rutgers University Police Department (RUPD) is currently investigating a criminal sexual contact that reportedly took place on Feb. 21 at approximately 2:15 a.m. in the area of Easton Avenue and Hamilton Street, according to a University-wide crime alert.

The victim in this incident, who is affiliated with the University, reported that upon entering an unknown male’s vehicle after being offered a ride, the perpetrator touched both the upper and lower body of the victim without consent, according to the alert.

The victim then immediately exited the vehicle, according to the alert. The victim did not sustain a physical injury during this encounter.

The vehicle is described as a 2014 black 4-door Honda Accord with New Jersey license plates, according to the alert. The description of the perpetrator himself is limited at this time.

RUPD requests that anyone with information or who may have been in the area of the incident contact the RUPD Detective Bureau, according to the alert.

RUPD also reminds the Rutgers community that by taking reasonable precautions, you can reduce your chances of becoming a crime victim, according to the alert. They recommend immediately reporting suspicious activity, remaining alert and avoiding isolated areas.