Rutgers basketball player faces suspension after DWI arrest

<p>Jacob Young, a School of Management and Labor Relations junior, could not play in Tuesday’s game.</p>

Jacob Young, a School of Management and Labor Relations junior, could not play in Tuesday’s game.

Jacob Young, a School of Management and Labor Relations junior and guard on the Rutgers men's basketball team, was arrested for driving while intoxicated (DWI) early Sunday morning, according to an article from NJ Advance Media. He was also suspended from playing in Tuesday’s game against Maryland. 

The Rutgers University Police Department (RUPD) stopped Young at 1:57 a.m. at the intersection between Central Avenue and Duke Street, according to the article. He was charged with reckless driving, disregarding a stop sign, failing to signal, operating a car under the influence of liquor or drugs and reckless driving.

Senior Associate Athletic Director for Communications Kevin Lorincz announced Young’s suspension on Twitter. He said Young violated program rules and did not travel to Maryland with the rest of the team. He did not say how long the suspension will last. 

The University’s drug and alcohol policy does not have information on disciplinary action for DWI charges, according to the article.