Sex workers sell nudes to combat climate change in Australia

– Photo by Instagram

The most unexpected of individuals — sex workers — have raised more than $1 million in donations by selling their naked pictures to help the Australian bushfire crisis.

Out of all the wealthy athletes, entertainers and entrepreneurs around the globe, sex workers made the news with their dire efforts to desperately help fellow human beings in need.

Climate change reared its ugly head over the past month as Australia faced massive devastation by the worst wildfires the country has seen in decades. The fires left more than millions of animals killed, 3,000 homes destroyed, the deaths of at least 28 people and more than 18 million acres of land burned, according to CNN.

Within days of hearing about the natural disaster, model Kaylen Ward took to Twitter to campaign her very own fundraiser. Ward auctioned off nude photos of herself to raise money for the cause, under the alias “The Naked Philanthropist.”

She tweeted a naked picture of herself censored with emojis and told her followers that for every $10 donated on record to an Australian relief organization, she would direct message the individual a nude photo.

In turn, Ward's Instagram account was deactivated, her family disowned her and the guy she liked "ghosted" her. She then tweeted: “But f*ck it, save the koalas.”

This gained immediate attention from the world as Ward’s fundraiser went viral and many began to follow in her brave footsteps. Fellow pornographic model Jenna Lee was one of the first to join Ward’s trail blazing actions.

Lee also posted a fully naked photo of herself censored with emojis on Twitter telling followers that she was joining Ward and would be selling photos of herself for a $10 donation as well. Lee says that she alone has raised $60,000.

Many others from the pornographic industry, including model Emmy Corinne and adult actress Riley Reid, have followed Ward by offering their naked pictures for donations as well.

While the porn industry makes headlines with its bold acts of goodness, few celebrities have spoken out about their own efforts to support those facing the calamity.

Australian native actor Chris Hemsworth told Instagram followers that he and his family donated $1 million and appropriately encouraged people to give whatever they can. Other celebrities native to the land: Russell Crowe, Nicole Kidman, Keith Urban, Margot Robbie, Rebel Wilson and Hugh Jackman have each donated at least $100,000, according to Fox 10.

Very few others have spoken out on the matter. To nobody’s surprise, Ellen DeGeneres made a donation of an undisclosed amount as well as Leonardo DiCaprio, P!nk, Selena Gomez, Shawn Mendes, Ben Simmons and Kylie Jenner.

"The Tonight Show" host Jimmy Fallon asked his nationwide viewers to contribute to the cause but failed to mention personal offerings he himself has made.

Yet, it seems like the wealthiest of prominent figures in our society are silent as our world faces threats that could extinguish our species. 

Director George Lucas, with a net worth of $5.4 billion, has not revealed any contribution. Fellow colleague Steven Spielberg has a net worth of $3.7 billion and he too remains missing in action.

The Kardashian family has recently taken heat from fans about their lack of contribution to the natural disaster. Khloe Kardashian tweeted “It’s our job to bring awareness to situations so we can all help as a human race.”

Actor Joaquin Phoenix even poked fun at his fellow colleagues’ extraordinary spending by asking them not only to donate but to also stop taking private planes as a small way to minimize the carbon footprint.

While sex workers, who are not particularly well off, desperately sell naked pictures of themselves for donations, unbecoming millionaires like the Kardashians, Michael Jordan, Diddy, Jay-Z and Tiger Woods have not even offered a helping hand.