University-wide alert details new sexual harassment prevention website

<p>The website was made in collaboration with the National Academies of Science, Engineering and Medicine, according to the email.</p>

The website was made in collaboration with the National Academies of Science, Engineering and Medicine, according to the email.

Rutgers University announced the launch of its new website on Sexual Harassment Prevention and Culture Change, according to a University-wide email alert.

This website is another part of the University’s collaboration with the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering and Medicine, according to the alert. 

It is also collaborating with other peer institutions in order to change how sexual harassment and gender discrimination is viewed, according to the alert. They focus on legal compliance and response, as well as prevention and cultural change.

The website includes various reports on sexual harassment in our culture and society, according to the alert. A feedback form is also included for members of the University to provide their thoughts on the website, as well as existing policies on sexual harassment, sexual misconduct and gender discrimination.

The University also provided updates on the progress of recommendations that have been made by the report of the Rutgers’ Committee on Sexual Harassment Prevention and Culture Change, according to the alert. This includes the Consensual Relationships Policy and a University-wide Policy Review, among other things.

While the University is proud of the work done thus far, more needs to be done to create a culture where every member of the Rutgers community is free from all forms of harassment and sexual misconduct, according to the alert.