Try our new website

Campus dates: Best Rutgers locations for fun with loved ones

<p>Passion Puddle is one of the most iconic spots on campus, with legends surrounding the famous Rutgers location. It's perfect for picnics in the spring or walks in the fall.</p>

Passion Puddle is one of the most iconic spots on campus, with legends surrounding the famous Rutgers location. It's perfect for picnics in the spring or walks in the fall.

Rutgers has great spots for cute dates across our campuses. Here are a few of those perfect spots!

Passion Puddle

As the Rutgers myth goes, if you and your partner walk around Passion Puddle three times, you’ll live happily ever after. But even if you’re not a believer, this scenic spot is great for a romantic getaway during the right time of year.

During the fall or spring months, when the weather is nice and there are leaves on the trees, throw down a blanket for a picnic or sit on one of the many surrounding benches. You and your date can catch a bus and get off the Red Oak Lane bus stop to enjoy the romantic serenity of this Douglass campus gem. 

Robert A. Schommer Astronomical Observatory

Do you find it hard to go stargazing in New Jersey? Look no further than the Robert A. Schommer Astronomical Observatory on Busch campus. The observatory is located in the dome on the roof of the Serin Physics Laboratories and is available to the public to provide naked-eye visibility of satellites and the night sky.

A 20-inch optical telescope is provided to observers on Public Open Nights every second and fourth Thursday of the month, weather permitting, according to the Rutgers website. The Astronomical Observatory is an easy, captivating and romantic sight for two people looking for a night out. 

Rutgers Cinema

The third date night spot on the list will put a very small dent in your wallet with your Rutgers ID handy. Discounted movie tickets are available to all college students at the Rutgers Cinema on Livingston campus. Check out showtimes with your date on the website, and then sit back and enjoy one of Hollywood’s latest hits. Use the extra money from your ridiculously cheap ticket to grab a bag of popcorn, candy or soda at the concession stands when you walk in.

Don’t want the night to end? The Rutgers Cinema is located in the retail plaza and surrounded by great food and desserts such as Henry’s Diner (where you can use a meal swipe on your food).  

Zimmerli Art Museum

The museum, located on the College Avenue campus, offers free admission to the public during its open hours throughout the day. There are educational activities that would enhance your visual experience along with ever-changing special exhibitions that will keep you coming back, according to the museum’s website. Visitors can listen in on a performance or a lecture to gain further insight into an artist or time period, while workshops or classes can actually allow you to participate in becoming the artist.

If you just want to stroll through the museum and admire the pieces, there are more than 60,000 works in the collections for you to observe. Head to the website to see what collections you and your date would be into, and for an update on upcoming events and programs.