Can Harry Styles save us from stresses of coronavirus?

It seems like Harry Styles took one look at the news and said, “you guys are in a crisis, I’m on my way.” It’s safe to say that everything Styles has been up to is a great respite from what’s going on right now. It seems like self isolation isn’t so bad when we get a video of Styles embracing who he is, with makeup and a smile. 

He recently had his own Tiny Desk Concert with NPR where he performed four tracks off “Fine Line,” his new album: “Cherry,” “Watermelon Sugar,” “To Be So Lonely” and “Adore You.” He talked about seeing his words screamed back at him and joked about how “Adore You” is about a fish that he really liked. He also talked about the Green Bay Packers for a substantial amount of time and honestly Styles is the only person I would ever listen to talk about the Green Bay Packers. 

He also had an interview with BBC Radio 1Xtra where he told fans he was learning new hobbies and taking care of himself in quarantine. He’s been learning Italian and sign language, playing games and doing face masks. And if you were curious, his “quarantine track of choice” is Mac Miller’s “Blue World.” So, basically, he has impeccable taste. 

The best thing, though, to shed light in the darkness right now is Styles' photoshoot for Beauty Papers magazine. If you haven’t seen it, I don’t know what you’re doing. The first thing to be released was a video of Harry talking about a few of his favorite things wearing a suit and lipstick. The photoshoot itself features him in fishnet tights, showing other people he officially does not care what they think about him. 

Other pictures in the photoshoot include Harry sitting on a sofa in a feathered headdress and long earrings and him in haunting poses with gloves, a suit and a full face of makeup. Another one of my other favorites is one where he shows off his facial hair wearing his signature “Treat People With Kindness” shirt. 

Obviously all of this comes at a difficult time for the world. If this content helps you through everything that’s going on right now, no one would blame you. Every time I think about Styles and his photoshoot I feel a little bit better about the world. 

Would it be dramatic to say his incredible photoshoot could save us from coronavirus? Yes. Would it be entirely incorrect? I’m not so sure about that. The fact that this arrived when we needed it most surely cannot be a coincidence. All I have to say is everything that Styles is doing has kept me a little saner during this isolating time. 

Not only does he have incredible looks, but his fashion sense is also inspiring. He’s paving the way for the future of the fashion industry and the idea of gender norms in style. With his amazing looks and taste, of course he has the talent to match it. His vocals this year not only show his growth as an artist but are also some of the best in the industry right now. His personality is also pretty infectious. It’s impossible not to appreciate him. 

We all cope differently, and seeing what Styles has been doing has made my life much better right now. If you’re stuck in quarantine and looking for something to do, I highly suggest streaming his newest album and checking out his photoshoot. It just might improve your mood, too.

I guess the answer to the question of what Harry Styles is doing has an answer: What isn’t he doing?