Division of Student Affairs offers virtual opportunities for students to stay connected

<p>Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs Salvador B. Mena released a University-wide email detailing how students can stay connected to the University from home, such as virtual events and online appointment services.</p>

Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs Salvador B. Mena released a University-wide email detailing how students can stay connected to the University from home, such as virtual events and online appointment services.

Various departments in the Rutgers Division of Student Affairs have adapted to offer programs and services to students remotely, according to a University-wide email from Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs Salvador B. Mena.

These services include live-streamed fitness classes and online consultations with Student Legal Services, as well as counseling appointments with both CAPS and the Dean of Students for emergency assistance, according to the email.

Events sponsored by student organizations and University departments are also being held online, according to the email. Students can find a list of available programs and events on the Rutgers GetInvolved website.

“By taking advantage of these virtual opportunities, we can still have a thriving #RCommunity even if we are not physically together on campus,” Mena said, according to the email.

Students are also encouraged to visit the Division of Student Affairs’ social media directory to find accounts that may interest them, according to the email. Through hosting virtual events, providing virtual environments for student support and sharing information about their services and among other things, the Division of Student Affairs is using social media to stay connected with students, according to the email.

“Remember, Rutgers is not just a physical location, but a spirit which lives within us — on campus and beyond,” Mena said, according to the email. “We are #RutgersStrong, and together we will persevere.”