Dressing up to stay at home: Quarantine look book

Dressing up for the day while social distancing can be a good idea, as it may increase the desire to do work. Sweatpants, leggings and comfortable sweaters can make for a quarantine lookbook. 
Photo by pxfuelDressing up for the day while social distancing can be a good idea, as it may increase the desire to do work. Sweatpants, leggings and comfortable sweaters can make for a quarantine lookbook. 

Working and taking classes from the comfort of your own home sounds like a win for everyone, but it can be hard to find the motivation to do work and be productive when you have the luxury of doing that work on your couch in your pajamas, with a cup of coffee and Netflix on in the background. If you're struggling to find the motivation to be productive and your work is lacking there's a simple fix — getting dressed and ready for the day.

I’m not saying you have to go put on a pantsuit and heels or jeans and an uncomfortable blouse, but there are some surefire ways to spruce up your lounge look and make you feel ready for the day ahead. Here’s a guide for some cute and comfy looks for every day of work or school that are guaranteed to make you ready to take on those conference calls and write those papers. 

Monday

We all know Mondays are the worst, having to get up and get back to the grind after relaxing all weekend. It's even harder to get back to work when you are stuck inside all day everyday, forced to work at home. So Monday we will start off slow and plan an outfit great for when you aren't quite ready to get back into the swing of things. 

One of my favorite looks is a solid color sweatpants paired with a white T-shirt, tied in a knot to crop it just a little, topped with a super soft cardigan.This look is comfy yet put together, keeping you warm and having the feel of still being in your pajamas.

Tuesday

Now that you’ve gotten Monday out of the way, you're more awake and ready to take on the day. Today's look is a perfect reflection of that. 

Starting with a pair of simple black leggings, you can pair them with an oversized knit sweater — an off-the-shoulder knit sweater would take the look up a notch. Pairing this look with a pair of thick knit socks makes the outfit comfy and put together, especially if the socks and sweater match.  

Wednesday

It's Wednesday, you’ve made it through half of the work-week, working from home! Today’s look is super easy and quick to throw on, so that you can focus your attention on being as productive as possible. A two-piece tracksuit or jogger and sweater combination are great for a quick and comfy put together look. 

Thursday

One of my personal favorite looks, both for lounging at home and a busy weekday, is a pair of black leggings with a neutral tank and a long fuzzy cardigan. This look makes me feel put together for class and for work and comfy enough to wear all day long around the house. Pairing this look with a pair of slip on UGG is another way to amp up the comfort. 

Friday

TGIF! 

It's finally Friday and the work-week is over. It has been a long week of working and studying from home, so this look is more laid back but it is sure to make you feel cute. Taking a pair of athletic shorts or thicker sweatpant-material shorts paired with a slouchy knit sweater or a neutral sweatshirt is comfy enough to be worn as pajamas, but perfect to wear to run errands or get some classwork done.