By Murtaza Husain

Recent Articles:

NEWS

Recognize issue of apartheid in Israel

Human-rights activists throughout the world are recognizing “Israeli Apartheid Week” as a time to spread awareness about the system of oppression faced by Palestinians and Arab-Israelis at the hands of the Israeli government. The assertion, of course, is that the conditions in Israel and the occupied territories are akin to those of apartheid South Africa, wherein the black population lived under a system of racial segregation and were subjected to separate systems of laws, rights, education, and agency designed for their suppression.

NEWS

BAKA events do no incite hatred on campus

I am writing this letter to address claims made against the student organization, BAKA: Students United for Middle Eastern Justice, in The Daily Targum article published on Tuesday, “Department of Education to investigate University.” The article discussed the Department of Education’s Office of Civil Rights’ (OCR) pending investigation of claims made by the Zionist Organization of America concerning anti-Semitism and harassment on campus, which they assert are reflected in “several events by the student group Belief Awareness Knowledge and Action.”

More Articles