By Rowaida Abdelaziz

Recent Articles:

NEWS

Targum has obligation to publish diverse content

As one of the most diverse universities in the country, Rutgers prides itself on the multitude of opinions and ideas that arise from both ends of the campus. The student body continues to witness a community of thriving ideas, opinions and debate. Unfortunately, such a large and diverse community does not always allow for easy individual access to the plethora of opinions floating throughout the student body, which sometimes results in arrogance and disrespect.

NEWS

Student body needs Knights for Change

In time period when freedom of expression and questioning authorities is at its ultimate peak, citizens across the globe are demanding attention from their establishments that proper representation is met. Witnessing movements such as Occupy Wall Street to the Arab Spring, the definition of responsible citizenship has skyrocketed with an increase in accessibility to information and change.

NEWS

Intentions do not justify invasive actions

In the March 20 column in The Daily Targum, entitled “Surveillance benefits U.,” the author attempted to justify and stand up with the recent New York Police Department spying on the Muslim community across the Northeast. In fact, the author goes as far as to say that it is “both important and necessary to continue such surveillance programs” and the “NYPD’s largest mistake was their failure to monitor radical non-Muslims at the University as well.”

More Articles