By Ryan Moran

Recent Articles:

Freshman Taylor Clark finished tied for fifth place for Rutgers at the six-team Monterey Bay Invitational from March 16-18.
NEWS

Players hope to carry form into SHU invite

This upcoming weekend at the Seton Hall Invitational, the Rutgers women’s golf team looks to end its spring regular season on a positive note before entering the AAC Championship from April 20-22. The Scarlet Knights are coming off a solid performance in the Monterey Invitational from March 16-18 in California. The team placed third out of six teams, shooting a 329-320-321 for a combined score of 970, three strokes away from second place.

NEWS

Weather poses challenge to Rutgers on golf green

A key to being a successful golfer is dealing with the adverse conditions that may come at any time. One of those adverse conditions that can affect a golfer’s play every time she steps on to the course is the weather. Sophomore Samantha Moyal can attest to this, as she believes it does not matter. According to her, what does matter is confidence in your game and play.

Freshman Taylor Clark has improved her average score from the fall. Now averaging 78.22, Clark is averaging more than a stroke fewer.
NEWS

Freshman improves throughout season

As a freshman in college, it is difficult to adjust to daily life, especially for a student athlete. But that is exactly what Taylor Clark has done. The Sterling Height, Mich., native chose the Rutgers women’s golf team primarily because of head coach Maura Ballard. “[Rutgers] offered me the ability to challenge myself athletically and academically,” Clark said. “Rutgers is a great school, however, my decision was ultimately the result of [head] coach [Maura] Ballard’s optimistic and passionate leadership here at Rutgers.”

Freshman Taylor Clarke said one of the main reasons she chose to attend Rutgers was because of head coach Maura Ballard.
NEWS

Coach’s passion attracts recruits

Rutgers head women’s golf coach Maura Ballard is in her 22nd year as a golf coach at the University. She has coached both the men’s and women’s teams. She started her coaching career in January 1993, coaching the men’s team, and then in 1997 also became the coach of the women’s team.Ballard coached both teams from 1997 until 2010. After 2010, she focused her attention solely on the women’s team.

Freshman Maddy Gedeon shot a 251 (83-79-89) in three rounds at the Kiawah Spring Invitational, which concluded Tuesday.
NEWS

Rutgers finishes 52 shots over par at SC invite

The Rutgers women’s golf team went into the Kiawah Spring Invitational in South Carolina looking to build on its performance Feb. 17-18 in the Michigan State Central District Invitational. The Scarlet Knights’ overall score was a 997 (340-319-338), shooting 133 over par to finish in 31st among 36 teams. Rutgers got off to a rough start Sunday, shooting 52 strokes over par for a combined score of 340, in the first round. The Knights finished the round tied for 33rd.

Freshman Taylor Clark paced the Knights at the Central District Invitational, carding a 230 to finish 59th out of 80 participants.
NEWS

Rutgers looks to overcome youth in spring invite

Starting March 2, the Rutgers women’s golf team will look to right the ship in the Kiawah Spring Invitational. This comes after a poor start of the second half of its season at the Michigan State Central District Invitational. The Scarlet Knights finished in last place among 13 teams. In total, they finished 97 shots over par.

More Articles