By Zainab Khan

Recent Articles:

Rewa Marathe, a Graduate Student Association representative, adjusts the brakes on a bike at GSA’s second annual Bike Fair yesterday on the College Avenue campus.
NEWS

Bike Fair aims to encourage biking, safety

Looking to educate students on the benefits and logistics of biking around campus, the Graduate Student Association organized its second annual Bike Fair yesterday on the College Avenue campus. “We’re here to create awareness and tell others of the bike facilities, bike safety rules and biking advantages,” said Aimee Jefferson, an Edward J. Bloustein School of Planning and Public Policy senior.

NEWS

City Board of Education candidates address students’ needs

Unity Square, a partnership between Catholic Charities, the Diocese of Metuchen and Sacred Heart Church, held a forum yesterday for six candidates seeking board positions for New Brunswick’s first school board election which is scheduled to take place on April 16. The candidates addressed the public at Lord Stirling Elementary School in New Brunswick.

Members of the New Jersey Public Interest Research Group protested  yesterday on the steps of Brower Commons on the College Avenue campus as a part of their campaign to end global warming. More than 12 percent of students at the University signed a petition to ask President Barack Obama to take action on the issue.
NEWS

Students rally to raise awareness of climate change

Members of New Jersey Public Interest Research Group protested yesterday to end global warming outside Brower Commons on the College Avenue campus and spread awareness of environmental issues relating to climate change. More than 12 percent of students at the University signed petitions to call on President Barack Obama to take action on global warming, said Christi Capazzo, co-coordinator of NJPIRG’s Stop Global Warming campaign.

Citizenship Rutgers provided free assistance to anyone applying for citizenship yesterday at the Rutgers Student Center on the College Avenue campus.
NEWS

U. helps residents gain citizenship

For those on the path to U.S. citizenship, the amount of paperwork and legal jargon can seem intimidating. But the Eagleton Institute of Politics’ Program on Immigration and Democracy held its 9th annual Citizenship Rutgers event yesterday in the Rutgers Student Center on the College Avenue campus to help assist legal permanent residents in completing their naturalization process. The event was free to all participants, said Janice Fine, a professor in the School of Management and Labor Relations.

More Articles