Yvanna Saint-Fort

​Yvanna Saint-Fort

Yvanna Saint-Fort is a junior in the School of Arts and Sciences double majoring in journalism and media studies and political science with a minor public policy. She’s a New Jersey native, born and raised in Montclair, “where the suburbs meet the city.” Yvanna appreciates the little things in life, like bow shaped earrings, paninis, manicures and chai tea. She’s also a Starbucks Gold Card member with enough stars to last till 2016. Yvanna has always been critical of everything and everyone, and after being told her viewpoints were “rather harsh,” she adopted the moniker “yvannaTheCritic.” After graduation, Yvanna plans to move to Washington, D.C. or Boston, so long as Freddy, her Ford Focus, can come with.

Recent Articles:

OPINION

Lack of empathy exposes American ideals as imprudent

There is a difference between sympathy and empathy. The former is a shared feeling, while the latter is related to understanding. When it comes to the Nov. 13 terrorist attacks in Paris, everyone exhibited sympathy. So many people changed their Facebook profile pictures to a photo of them on a family vacation or study abroad trip, smiling proudly in front of the Eiffel Tower

OPINION

Community, self-love beam through blackout

Tumblr is a safe space. For those who don’t know, it’s a form of social media that allows users to like and “reblog,” text posts, photos and videos of literally anything. I have always seen Tumblr as the culmination of my inner being. It’s not like Twitter or Facebook or Instagram, where certain social expectations need to be met and emotions can’t be expressed.

OPINION

Injustice can no longer go unnoticed

There is only so much mistreatment a minority can tolerate. Whether marginalized by race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, disability status or other measures differentiating them from the social majority, there is always a tipping point.

More Articles

Recent Media:

Photo Illustration | The Mason Gross School of the Arts was the first school within Rutgers to adopt ProctorTrack, a service that uses a webcam to scan student faces, IDs and knuckles in order to prevent cheating on online exams.
NEWS

With “Project Move Out,” sanitation workers will provide free curbside pickup of bulk items in New Brunswick for Rutgers students who pre-register between April 20th and May 20th at noon. 
NEWS

PHOTO ILLUSTRATION | An academic privacy act, the Federal Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) is taking an upturn in popularity after Stanford students discovered they could utilize the law to reopen their college applications after applying.
NEWS

More Media