Satisfy your dessert-filled desires​ at Cookies N' Crepes

In New Brunswick, you're constantly hearing about new food discoveries, but it’s usually rare that anyone mentions dessert. Luckily for us, there is a new place in town that can satisfy your sweet tooth.

Cookies N' Crepes is a small dessert shop located right next to Hansel n' Griddle on Easton Avenue. Just by walking past it, you can hear any of your favorite Top 40 radio anthems booming from the outdoor speakers, establishing a perfect audio environment for the average college student. But walking in is a whole different story.

The first thing you’ll notice is a pleasant scent that almost resembles a dessert-laced perfume. If you weren’t hungry before, you sure will be now! A Chipotle-esque assembly line can be found right next to the counter, so customers can watch their crepes being prepared right in front of their eyes.

The walls are lined with chunky couches and Nutella jars — and if you’re paying with a card, you’re swiping by iPad. Hues of brown, from chocolate to cashmere, create a warm and comfortable environment to enjoy your favorite sweet treats. If you would like to enjoy your crepe in the beautiful fall weather, there are chairs and tables set up out front. For those of you who prefer to eat in the comfort of your own room, you can take advantage of Cookies N' Crepes' free delivery service.

Menu-wise, the options are endless. Whether it’s cookies, crepes, cheesecake, ice cream or even Nutella Hot Chocolate, Cookies N' Crepes has numerous options to satisfy your dessert-filled desires. After looking over the menu, I decided on The Islander Crepe, a thin pancake filled with assorted fruits served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for $8.99. I also decided to take advantage of the Build-Your-Own-Crepe option, a great alternative for picky eaters, and got a crepe chock full of chocolate mousse, Cool Whip and crushed Oreos, which also came with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and cost $8.99.

Now, at first, you might think that the prices are a bit steep, but when you see the dish in front of you, you definitely won’t be disappointed. Each crepe was quite large in size and very filling.

The chocolate-filled crepe was definitely a more standard version of the classic crepe. It had a light and fluffy exterior but was creamy and decadent on the inside. Paired with the ice cream, it was definitely something that all chocolate lovers would enjoy.

The Islander, on the other hand, was a more exotic choice. Although the crepe itself was standard in texture, the filling was much denser, and it was sweeter in a fresh way, as opposed to something artificial. The strong flavor of the mango mingled seamlessly with the more subtle banana, definitely making this a healthier alternative to the chocolate crepe.

Overall, my first experience at Cookies N' Crepes was a delightful one. I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys elaborate and unique desserts as well as to anyone who enjoys a more personalized dining environment.

During my experience, I heard a lot of customers buzzing about The Celebrity Crepe, a thin pancake filled with strawberries, bananas, Nutella and topped with whipped cream. It seemed to be the most popular item on the menu, and it’s definitely something I would be interested in trying the next time I visit.

Stop by Cookies N' Crepes between 5:30 p.m. and midnight to see what all the buzz is about!