HORU September 22, 2015

"As a little kid I wanted to play baseball. In my section of the city growing up they had baseball teams, and I lived two blocks away, so I would always see these kids playing ball. And I remember one day I was walking with my mom and I said,

"As a little kid I wanted to play baseball. In my section of the city growing up they had baseball teams, and I lived two blocks away, so I would always see these kids playing ball. And I remember one day I was walking with my mom and I said, 'Mom I want to do that, I want to play.' And I remember her apologizing and telling me that we didn't have the money for it. That was one of the first moments when I realized that my parents are doing the best they can, and obviously they're doing a great job with what they have, but those certain extracurriculars were just not possible. I come from an immigrant background and we didn't have as much money as your average American family. So for me, moving forward, financial security is a very big incentive. I want to be able to afford my parents and my future family the opportunities that they deserve."