HORU August 2, 2016

false

<p>“When I came to Rutgers, I wasn’t anywhere near where I am now. I was a bio major and I think I was just confused. I came in thinking, ‘Let me be a doctor, let me make good money.’ And it was a lot of pressure to make a good decision. But all throughout high school, my focus was set on Latin. I took it for 4 years and I absolutely loved it, so when I came here pursuing Biology and doing terribly in Chemistry, it was killing me. I realized I couldn't be a bio major if I loved Latin so much and decided to change my major to Classics. Sure, it’s an unconventional major, but it’s a passion. And I think what I really like about Latin is that everything is in the fine details. I learned a lot about grammar and language from Latin, and those things got me into editing too. Through further research about my major, I found publishing and I realized I could be an editor. That’s what brought me to the Daily Targum and now to Rutgers Press too. I’m an editorial intern and I’m happy to say I’ve finally found my purpose and my passion; I get to be a part of the extensive process that goes into formatting and publishing books around the country.”</p>

“When I came to Rutgers, I wasn’t anywhere near where I am now. I was a bio major and I think I was just confused. I came in thinking, ‘Let me be a doctor, let me make good money.’ And it was a lot of pressure to make a good decision. But all throughout high school, my focus was set on Latin. I took it for 4 years and I absolutely loved it, so when I came here pursuing Biology and doing terribly in Chemistry, it was killing me. I realized I couldn't be a bio major if I loved Latin so much and decided to change my major to Classics. Sure, it’s an unconventional major, but it’s a passion. And I think what I really like about Latin is that everything is in the fine details. I learned a lot about grammar and language from Latin, and those things got me into editing too. Through further research about my major, I found publishing and I realized I could be an editor. That’s what brought me to the Daily Targum and now to Rutgers Press too. I’m an editorial intern and I’m happy to say I’ve finally found my purpose and my passion; I get to be a part of the extensive process that goes into formatting and publishing books around the country.”