HORU September 27, 2016

<p>(2/3) “People started knowing me as the kid who wanted to get drunk, whether it be a Tuesday night or a Wednesday night. Weekend, forget about it, I would be completely plastered. My grades started to tank. I was an A, B student at Seton Hall, and after I transferred, I was lucky to get a B at Rutgers. I kept on making excuses for myself, saying it was transfer shock, all that bullshit. But 2016 is when it started getting even worse. I remember one day I was supposed to study for an exam, and I was studying all day and I thought I could just excuse myself to the bar. I failed the exam. I keep on having reoccurring nightmares about that. I was never in trouble with the law, but I should've been. I never got hospitalized, I never got physical. And I had spoken to people here at Counseling and Psychological Services about this, because there was one time when I went to sleep with shorts on and woke up with jeans on. I had no idea how it happened. And it may sound so trivial, but that was the first time where I was like, ‘Whoa. I’ve been doing this for three years now, and something’s up.’ I realized I was following the wrong footsteps. And luckily for me, CAPS saved my life.”</p>

(2/3) “People started knowing me as the kid who wanted to get drunk, whether it be a Tuesday night or a Wednesday night. Weekend, forget about it, I would be completely plastered. My grades started to tank. I was an A, B student at Seton Hall, and after I transferred, I was lucky to get a B at Rutgers. I kept on making excuses for myself, saying it was transfer shock, all that bullshit. But 2016 is when it started getting even worse. I remember one day I was supposed to study for an exam, and I was studying all day and I thought I could just excuse myself to the bar. I failed the exam. I keep on having reoccurring nightmares about that. I was never in trouble with the law, but I should've been. I never got hospitalized, I never got physical. And I had spoken to people here at Counseling and Psychological Services about this, because there was one time when I went to sleep with shorts on and woke up with jeans on. I had no idea how it happened. And it may sound so trivial, but that was the first time where I was like, ‘Whoa. I’ve been doing this for three years now, and something’s up.’ I realized I was following the wrong footsteps. And luckily for me, CAPS saved my life.”