Try our new website

HORU February 10, 2016

<p>“When I was younger I wanted to be an immigration lawyer, and it was because my mom is an immigrant and all of my family members are immigrants too. They really struggled so much to get here. My mom is the reason I’m in college, to be honest. I’m the only one in my family that has been to college so far and my mom didn't have that opportunity back in the Dominican Republic. It makes me feel proud to say that I can do this for my mom. But not everyone gets this opportunity and I feel like it’s really easy to overlook that fact. There are some people who don’t get the chance to go to college; maybe because they don't have the funds or don’t have the legal status; but I know it’s important to be appreciative. I want to help people get here and I want to make a difference.”</p>

“When I was younger I wanted to be an immigration lawyer, and it was because my mom is an immigrant and all of my family members are immigrants too. They really struggled so much to get here. My mom is the reason I’m in college, to be honest. I’m the only one in my family that has been to college so far and my mom didn't have that opportunity back in the Dominican Republic. It makes me feel proud to say that I can do this for my mom. But not everyone gets this opportunity and I feel like it’s really easy to overlook that fact. There are some people who don’t get the chance to go to college; maybe because they don't have the funds or don’t have the legal status; but I know it’s important to be appreciative. I want to help people get here and I want to make a difference.”