HORU May 14, 2017

<p>When I first got to Rutgers in 2013, I had no clue what I wanted to do with my time. Sure, I had a hobby or two, but I know now that creating Humans of RU has absolutely steered me in the right direction. Meeting so many of you has been an incredible honor and a real pleasure, and it has made this huge Rutgers community seem small, welcoming, interconnected, and really, genuinely human.</p><p>This project represents the conversations we should all be having here on campus, acknowledging and exploring the incredible diversity that exists here, and sharing our stories with one another so that we may learn outside of the classroom too. It really makes a difference.</p><p>I plan to take that with me as I continue my work as a photographer and as a journalist; As one of the many Scarlet Knight alum and as just one of the many humans of Rutgers University. I have grown so much because of this. Thank you all for coming with me on this ride.</p><p>- Jeremy Berkowitz</p>

When I first got to Rutgers in 2013, I had no clue what I wanted to do with my time. Sure, I had a hobby or two, but I know now that creating Humans of RU has absolutely steered me in the right direction. Meeting so many of you has been an incredible honor and a real pleasure, and it has made this huge Rutgers community seem small, welcoming, interconnected, and really, genuinely human.

This project represents the conversations we should all be having here on campus, acknowledging and exploring the incredible diversity that exists here, and sharing our stories with one another so that we may learn outside of the classroom too. It really makes a difference.

I plan to take that with me as I continue my work as a photographer and as a journalist; As one of the many Scarlet Knight alum and as just one of the many humans of Rutgers University. I have grown so much because of this. Thank you all for coming with me on this ride.

- Jeremy Berkowitz

- Jeremy Berkowitz