Ex-professor is indicted on 160 counts, accused of filming bathrooms in the workplace

<p>James Goydos, a former Rutgers medical school professor and director at the Cancer Institute of New Jersey, has been accused of filming or photographing people in the bathroom.&nbsp;</p>

James Goydos, a former Rutgers medical school professor and director at the Cancer Institute of New Jersey, has been accused of filming or photographing people in the bathroom. 

A 160-count indictment has been brought against James Goydos, a former Rutgers medical school professor and director of the Cancer Institute of New Jersey, according to an article by NJ Advance Media

Goydos has been accused of recording 26 women and three other people in various states of undress, according to the article. He allegedly filmed or photographed — without their consent — people in a bathroom at his workplace.

The charges involve accusations from offices of the Cancer Institute of New Jersey in New Brunswick and elsewhere in Middlesex County dating back to April 2016, according to the article. 

The total list of charges include more than 100 counts of invasion of privacy, official misconduct, burglary, computer theft, impersonation, wiretapping, falsely implicating another, coercion, hindering, possession of an assault rifle and possession of a prohibited device. Goydos is due for a second court appearance in March, according to the article.

He is also accused of entering four people’s offices at the Cancer Institute of New Jersey in 2016, and stealing their information to impersonate them in a “scheme to defraud” to “benefit for himself or another, or to injure or defraud another," according to the indictment.

Goydos was initially arrested in March 2018 and charged with having an unregistered and unlicensed assault rifle after police searched his East Brunswick home, according to the article. At the time, this prompted Rutgers to put him on leave. 

Peter McDonough, a Rutgers spokesman, said to NJ Advance Media that Goydos is no longer employed by the University and none of the allegations had to do with patient care.