Rutgers sends crime alert for 2 incidents reported Saturday

<p>There were two crime incidents in New Brunswick on the morning of Saturday, Sept. 14.&nbsp;</p>

There were two crime incidents in New Brunswick on the morning of Saturday, Sept. 14. 

Two crime incidents were reported off-campus early morning on Saturday, between the hours of 2 and 3 a.m., Chief of the Rutgers University Police Department (RUPD) Kenneth Cop stated in a University-wide email yesterday. 

The first incident occurred on Wyckoff Street, in the area of Bartlett Street, to a victim who was not affiliated with the University. The victim reported that following a verbal altercation with a group of male perpetrators, he was assaulted and subsequently transported to a local hospital for non-life-threatening injuries, according to the email. 

The second incident occurred on Easton Avenue between Prosper Street and Bristol Street, with the victim reporting that she was approached by 4 to 5 male perpetrators who shoved her and removed an item of value prior to fleeing the area. The victim sustained a minor injury and refused further medical attention on scene, the email stated. 

The descriptions of the perpetrators were limited at the time of the email. 

The RUPD provides escorts to students, faculty and staff upon request. The escorts provide our community with personalized service to their vehicles, campus residence or the University's mass transit system, according to the email.